by Great Plains Conservation
located in Okavango Delta, Botswana
Duba Plains Expedition Camp is situated in the far North of Botswana’s Okavango on a 77,000-acre private concession in Kwedi Reserve.
The camp is build on a wooded island, connected to the prolific wildlife area by an elaborate set of bridges. The main area is under sweeping marquis canvas, on raised decking and consists of an open-concept dining and lounge area which opens to the outdoors on all sides. The fire pit is the ideal spot where the guests will relate their safari day and admire the African sky. The swimming pool is the ideal place to relax during the hottest hours of the day.
Duba Plains offers 6 expedition-style tents of light airy canvas on slightly raised decking with an authentic African atmosphere. Each tent offers an en-suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers. Each tent has a van and a safe. The tented villa benefits as well of its own deck and veranda overlooking the floodplain.
Reasons to stay at Duba Plains Camp?
- The Okavango Delta is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site List
- Only camp on the concession. Offers an ultimate opportunity for private sightings
- Kwedi Reserve is renowned for its unique interaction between the lion prides and buffalo herds
- Duba lions are up to 15 percent larger than other lions
- Duba Plains is a fully integrated community empowerment project on land leased directly from five local communities who in turn receive all of the lease revenue
- Picnic lunch in the Okavango